2.4: System Tools - I like them

> > From: Cumming Murray (COMNEON Linz)
> > So, people need to try them out _now_ and start the
> > criticism. The GEP 11
> > end date is June 2nd - 4 days from now.
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-system-tools/

Some minor changes need to be made, and the maintainer has agreed to make
them.

I think the network connections tool is flaky and far from usable, and I
don't think we want that support problem. But if we left the network one out
for now, leaving a boot manager, a runlevel editor, time settings, and a
user manager, I'd like to see this go in. At the least, it's really silly
that we don't have some way to set the system clock in GNOME.

One thought:
The backends are written in perl. Does this add any new or difficult
dependency to GNOME?

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com