Re: [Usability] Re: Killing Views Part 2 - The return of the Usabilty study
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Julien Olivier <julo altern org>
- Cc: Joshua Adam Ginsberg <joshg myrealbox com>, Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>, nautilus-list gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Killing Views Part 2 - The return of the Usabilty study
- Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 03:20:58 -0400
On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 08:00:33AM +0200, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > 3) Major GNOME applications need to build into their architecture the
> > ability to use existing instances when available. This is needed for
> > speed's sake or at least the appearance of speed's sake. Users shouldn't
> > have to start up a whole new instance of EOG just to view an image when
> > EOG is already running. Likewise for things like Gimp, AbiWord, etc. I
> > believe gEdit and Galeon (Epi too? je ne sais pas) already have this
> > functionality.
> Gimp already has this feature using gimp-remote. But, for any reason,
> Redhat doesn't want to ship it with their distro...
A bug I think, see:
Though the spec file explicitly does "rm -f gimp-remote" so maybe
someone left it out on purpose for some reason. Alternatively that
could have just been someone adding the rm -f to fix rpmlint warnings.
This really shouldn't involve separate binaries though, it should work
btw, I think we shouldn't crosspost more than 2 lists as a rule...
] [Thread Prev