RE: [Setup-tool-hackers] RE: 2.4: System Tools - Please try them

> From: Carlos Garnacho [mailto:garnacho tuxerver net]
> > - Networking:
> >   - It's shows my network connection, but doesn't show what type of
> > connection it is.
>
> hmmm, it shows an icon in the list, just beside the interface name...

Some text somewhere would be more obvious and accessible.

> >   - I can't see what device is used for each connection.
> Surely I need to
> > know whether I'm using my WLAN card or my ethernet card?
>
> that's still a to-do, it does automatic device assignment, but it
> sometimes sucks, and doesn't allow the creation of
> subinterfaces :-/, I
> hope to fix it very soon

Maybe I would have more confidence in the automatic device assigmnet if it
told me what it had assigned automatically.

Most of the g-s-t stuff looks nice. I'm not sure about the network stuff,
because my entire network settings are flaky on my laptop anyway, what with
adding/removing various cards.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com