Re: Privatizing 'linc' ...

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 02:16:52PM +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 09:48, Michael Meeks wrote:
>
> > 	So ...
> >
> > 	What do people think ? is this doable ? - it would bring really major
> > benefits for linc / ORBit2 - and failing moving it inside - it'd
> > _perhaps_ be best to cast 'linc' adrift as a library, do a sed on linc
> > and import it into ORBit2 anyway ... so ?
> >

> 	FWIW, I'm all for it.

Concur that this is the right approach - sed-job it, suck it into
orbit, drop orbit dependency on linc, leave the linc ABI sitting there
for anyone who was using it.

Though, aren't there APIs in ORBit that expose the linc dep?
I seem to recall ORBit_small_get_connection() or something exposed
it. If so that's a big wrench in this plan...

Havoc