Re: (no subject)

ons 2003-05-21 klockan 22.54 skrev Marcel Telka:
> 3. My work with ll.po is finished. I'm about to commit the ll.po to the
> CVS.
> 4. I'm performing `cvs up` for whole module and there is a conflict
> with my ll.po.
> 5. This conflict IS NOT HARD to resolve.
> 6. cvs backups my copy of the ll.po (it's named, say '.#ll.po.1.30')
> 7. Peform this command sequence to resolve the conflict:
>       rm -f ll.po
>       cvs up
>       mv .#ll.po.1.30 ll.po
>       intltool-update ll
>       cvs ci ll.po

I said it was non-trivial, and nothing in your instructions above makes
me believe otherwise. My experience in providing support to frustrated
translators who don't understand how to resolve this confirms this. How
to resolve a cvs conflict takes some effort to explain.

> Now, all is ok. Translator is happy, developer is happy :-). There is
> no problem.

For someone very knowledgeable about cvs and with enough time and
patience to repeatedly resolve unnecessary cvs conflicts, there indeed
would seem to be no problem. But I'm not sure that is applicable in most
cases.

Christian