Re: galeon

On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 17:00, nestor d v wrote:
> Hello:
> I have two pc in a cafe (free to use) with linux, and nobody ever
> complained about Galeon, the web browser.
> Well, in fact they did, and you know what they complain about?
> They don't know where or how to download the files they want. I go crazy
> explaining them that on the left of the gnome "file-selector" are
> located the folders: "which folders? they are just names?" and on the
> right the files. "Oh, I'm in the wrong folder how can I go back?""well,
> you have to double-click the two little points in the "folder"
> view""Uhm? the 50 year old user says, what two points" as his nose
> strikes the display. Then goes the "go to /, then scroll down to /mnt,
> no not so down, there!, no no so up, and then click on floppy. Now you
> can press Accept, fiuuu.
> I can tell you more stuff about this, like the folders users create at
> $HOME with the name "a:" etc, but I guess all of you have taken my
> intention.

A quick non-GNOME-specific suggestion - make a link in $HOME to
/mnt/floppy - call the link "Floppy Drive" (remember filenames can have
spaces).  Then when the browser opens to save in $HOME, there's a big
Floppy Drive selection.

Of course, the better solution is the (hopefully going to exist) GTK2.4
file-selector...

AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.