Re: gnome-vnc

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 12:25:40AM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 00:18, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 07:10:35AM +0100, Rob Clews wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I've been working on porting James Henstridge's gnome-vnc to gnome2,
> > > don't have any recent screenshots uploaded but older ones can be found
> > > on http://gnomesupport.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2957
> > >
> > > Is this something you want in gnome cvs, if so should it be a standalone
> > > module or part of gnome-network.
> >
> > See:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-December/msg00221.html
> >
> > also "tsclient"
> >
> > I think the right module is a "desktop remoting" module that
> > incorporates all this functionality, including both client and server,
> > into a nice UI designed for the specific use-cases.
> >
> we've got the plan to include such a tool in gnome-network, so please,
> include it there.

Fine with me. It should not be a single tool though, I don't think.  I
would say it needs to be a fully-thought-out UI for the whole task,
which will probably include client side, server side, some gdm
changes, etc. - if we think of it as a "vnc viewer" we'll end up with
something you can only figure out if you read a bunch of docs, rather
than something that just works. Need to think of it as a holistic
"desktop remoting" feature.

Havoc