Re: icons in gnome-desktop

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 09:20:35AM +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> Il mar, 2003-05-13 alle 17:57, Mark McLoughlin ha scritto:
> > Hey,
> > 	There's a heap of old/unused icons in gnome-desktop/pixmaps.
> > Essentially, very few icons should be there apart from the GNOME foot
> > and maybe some others.
> >
> > 	I've just moved all the panel icons to gnome-panel. Does anybody else
> > fancy tracking down the rest of the icons ?
> >

> IHMO we should move all used icons in gnome-icon-theme module. Icons
> used in all Desktop, of course.

Slightly offtopic:
You suggest to remove a lots of icons. But i think a good desktop needs some
icons that are unused so the user has a set of icons for custom thinks or
applications that don't come with an icon. I with a good set of generally usable
icons the desktop feels easyer to customize, because the user doesn't need a
drawing program.

Just see all the icons windows ships (for advanced users) in moreicons.dll
progman.exe and co.

So please keep some unused icon around or even add a few general purpose icons.

Martin H.