Re: Major change in desktop handling

> I want to second this sentiment. I personally disagree with the decision,
> but in the end it is the maintainers decision as to what will be
> implemented. The length of this thread is obscene. The maints have made a
> decision find something else to flame about please.

No.

The process works because there is review. Because people can point out
technical problems and work through them.

In this case there are important issues that have come up already

- How to ensure the user isnt confused by the folder
- What else might clash with it
- How to internationalise it - a "desktop" dir means nothing in Chinese
- What happens if I change language, do I change desktop

along with some answers.

If you wish to criticise the authors parentage thats quite different to
reviewing the issues that need solving.