Re: Major change in desktop handling

Mikael Hallendal writes:
tor 2003-05-15 klockan 20.39 skrev Andy Tai:
This seems to be a large step backwards.  The folder
"Desktop" should belong to the user, not a program, or
a desktop environment.  If KDE uses it, that should be
wrong to.

This discussion has been held several times. I don't know if anything
was decided since I quit reading the threads. People will always have
different opinions about this issue. In the end, maintainer decides, if
you (or anyone else that chooses to make a long thread about this)
wanted to make the decision you should have played an active role in the
nautilus development.
Love to Alex and Dave for taking this ungrateful job of maintaining the
module where nothing can be released without getting lots of flames
back. You do a great work, keep rocking!!

I want to second this sentiment. I personally disagree with the decision, but in the end it is the maintainers decision as to what will be implemented. The length of this thread is obscene. The maints have made a decision find something else to flame about please. dave