Re: Traffic on d-d-l [Was: How this all works...]

<quote who="MArk Finlay">

> > This list should only be about development and release issues pertaining to
> > the GNOME Desktop release and modules. We'll have to figure out where
> > everything else should live. :-)
> >
> > (We really don't have a platform-devel-list, do we? Do we need one, or are
> > the split out lists gconf/gnome-vfs-list/gnome-components-list and friends
> > more useful? Would cooperation and exposure be *more* useful?)
>
> I really don't know how useful more lists would be - there's nothing
> worse than a really quiet list. Even worse is when you aren't sure that
> the appropriate people are going to be listening.

I am strongly against the creation of new lists without removing old lists.
See my list-purging threads on hackers for evidence.

> You'd probably just end up with loads of cross posting (like we already
> get on desktop-devel, usability and nautilus-list).

If you replace (appropriate) libs lists with a single platform-devel list,
there's no multiple lists to cross-post to. The question was directed at the
users of those lists.

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

    "... Of course, compared with Holly Valance, who has beams of light
     shooting from her nipples, it all seems rather quaint now." - Rove
                       McManus on Olivia Newton-John