Re: Traffic on d-d-l [Was: How this all works...]

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 12:16, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Alexander Larsson">
>
> > And its getting increasingly hard to follow d-d-l. There is just so much
> > traffic on it.
>
> Yes, this is a serious problem. We really need to tighten down what happens
> here - it seems to have become the default location for discussion about
> everything and anything.

Personally, I don't think it's a huge problem. Most of the discussion
here actually *does* seem to be on topic ... what should go into the
desktop release and how to make the desktop parts of GNOME better.

All the traffic just means there are lots of people interested.

> This list should only be about development and release issues pertaining to
> the GNOME Desktop release and modules. We'll have to figure out where
> everything else should live. :-)
>
> (We really don't have a platform-devel-list, do we? Do we need one, or are
> the split out lists gconf/gnome-vfs-list/gnome-components-list and friends
> more useful? Would cooperation and exposure be *more* useful?)

There's gnome-libs-devel gnome org, which seems overlap pretty heavily
with a platform-devel-list.

Regards,
						Owen