RE: GnomeMeeting / OpenH323 [Was: 2.4 Module List]

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 15:54, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 16:01, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 14:47, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > > [1] GnomeMeeting doesn't seem to be in RedHat 9, though I could be wrong.
> > > There must be a good reason for that.
> >
> > It is. It gives an error message about not finding the right gconf
> > values (although gconftool reports the right value), an insensitive
> > gconf error dialog and isn't respecting the gtk theme, so I think
> > there's some major configuration problems. But it is included :-)
>
> It works well for me, and I maintain the Red Hat gnomemeeting package,
> so I would be told if it was broken. I assume the reason for this is
> that you run a gconf installed in a separate prefix, which doesn't get
> the schema files for the system installed applications. Or something
> like that.
>
> If you are against having GnomeMeeting in the desktop, please discuss
> that on real merits instead of spreading misinformation caused by your
> system being misconfigured.

Alex,

1. I _said_ it was probably a configuration problem. You quoted that bit
of the e-mail.
2. The schemas are installed.
3. I've just found the problem - forcing it to use current HEAD libgconf
fixes it (I don't know what caused the problem, but I think it's related
to different libgconf and gconfd looking for lock files in different
places). I pointed out to Damien in his e-mail, again, (Ccd to
desktop-devel-list) that I'm not saying it's a bug until I've checked my
system configuration.

It's not misinformation because I told you exactly what _really
happened_. And it was indeed a configuration problem. I realise I
implied that it doesn't work at all under stock RH; that was accidental
and I apologise for that.

You may as well flame Murray too for spreading "misinformation", aka
"legitimate mistake", about it not being distributed in RH9 which I was
actually trying to correct. I'm not against having GnomeMeeting in the
desktop (although I was originally). That's not relevant either.

Can we drop this inane subthread please?

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown