RE: GnomeMeeting / OpenH323 [Was: 2.4 Module List]

Le mer 14/05/2003 à 15:47, Murray Cumming Comneon com a écrit :
> Can we make a core GNOME Desktop module depend on API/ABI-unstable
> libraries?
> I know there are other officially unstable dependencies (various obsucre
> GTK+ image-processing dependencies, I think), but these seem to have at
> least stagnated. Would we be asking the impossible of distros? [1] And I
> know that gstreamer is also API/ABI unstable, but we at least have some
> control over that.
>
> Can we influence the OpenH323 and pwlib people to build their software
> properly and branch for API stability/development?

Actually they were not changing the sonames when required, I've warned
them of the problem and they promised to fix the problem. However, the
API is changing frequently, that's right.

I don't know if it is a problem or not for GNOME though and I won't
discuss it.

> [1] GnomeMeeting doesn't seem to be in RedHat 9, though I could be wrong.
> There must be a good reason for that.

GnomeMeeting 0.96.0 (+ a few 0.96.1 patches) is in RedHat 9,
double-check your installation CD's :)

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\	FOSDEM 2003:  http://www.fosdem.org