Re: Force Quit button

Le mar 13/05/2003 à 18:01, Jonathan Blandford a écrit :
> Mark McLoughlin <mark skynet ie> writes:
>
> > Hey,
> > 	I've just added a "Force Quit" button to gnome-panel HEAD[1]. Its
> > basically just a nicer version of an xkill launcher.
>
> Ugh.  That doesn't seem so nice.  If you have a runaway process, surely
> gnome-system-monitor is the way to go.  Having a "Possibly but not
> necessarily kill broken legacy Apps" on the desktop seems like a bad
> idea.

I have to agree with that.

Having a "kill crashed apps" (a la xkill) is really not good for the
environment stability image (that is the main reason why we remove xkill
icon from Mdk desktop panels, some time ago..).

Maybe we should bind Ctrl-Alt-Del to gnome-system-monitor and add the
force quit to it ?

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com>
Mandrakesoft