Re: egg-recent.* -> libgnome

On Mon, 2003-05-12 at 07:18, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	It seems that a (growing) number of projects are cutting and pasting
> egg-recent into themselves - creating a (growing) maintainance
> nightmare.

Sigh, yeah.

> 	Would people object in principle to moving egg-recent -> gnome-recent
> inside libgnome[ui] ? if we decide to move it lower down later we can
> always make this a thin wrapper, although looking at it it seems quite a
> lot of code.

Yeah, I've been bugging Anders about it for a long time....I think he
plans on looking at it soon. :)

> 	Also - why is 'EggRecentItem' public ? especially since it has a load
> of accessors. [ I guess we'd want to add some ABI padding to class and
> data structs as well but ... ]

It's public because a "recent item" contains more than just a URI (mime
type, groups, etc), so an EggRecentItem represents this.  Some ABI
padding is probably needed, yes.

> 	What's the plan here, pwrt. the upcoming API freeze ?

Since the recent-files code isn't in the platform, I guess there isn't
one?  I haven't touched the API in a long time, and I'm not aware of any
major problems, but if you see some let me know.

Thanks,
James