Re: Gedit Slowness

s?, 11.05.2003 kl. 10.46 skrev Mike Newman:
> On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 09:33, MArk Finlay wrote:
>
> > So yeah, on a second run gedit is slower than openoffice
> > writer - not good.
> >
> > I'm going to go upgrade to 2.3 to see if that's any better..
>
> I'm getting far faster times on 2.3 - between 2 and 3 seconds in what I
> imagine is a similar test to MArk's.
>
> In fact the slowness in the tests nearer to 3 seconds seems to have been
> caused by printing numerous librsvg errors when using the Nuvola icon
> theme. Switching back to the default icon theme reduced the time by a
> second or so.
>
>From 2.2.x CVS I see this:

[kmaraas km kmaraas]$ time gedit

real    0m7.277s
user    0m0.670s
sys     0m0.072s
[kmaraas km kmaraas]$ time gedit

real    0m1.363s
user    0m0.699s
sys     0m0.047s
[kmaraas km kmaraas]$

So the second run it starts almost instantly.

I'm using a combination of lighthouseblue and crux.

Cheers
Kjartan