Re: Gedit Slowness

On 11 May 2003, MArk Finlay wrote:

> Maybe I'm the only one with this problem,
> but with 2.2.x gedit has become one of the
> slowest loading applications on my desktop,
> and I don't even have any plugins installed.
>
> I find this very frustrating when all I want
> is a scribble pad and I have to wait 10 seconds.
>
> My pc is a 1.2Ghz athlon with 640mb ram. Here
> are some whack-a-mole loading tests(ie. I kill
> the app the second it is visable and responsive)
>
> [sisob dogbert sisob]$ time gedit
> real    0m10.576s
> user    0m0.650s
> sys     0m0.090s

Uhh.. this is very imprecice and not terribly repeatable or smart way to
time startup speed. You definately want to use pbench instead of time for
this.

> --
> 		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.
>
>         [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]
>     [ Public Key: http://evolvedoo.sf.net/sisobatericomdotnet.asc  ]

	Sander

	Humans love to categorize and organize things. We break up time into
	hours, days and years. Everything has to have a name, a history, an
	understanding of it's origins and must be indexed somewhere on Google.