Re: My (ongoing) analysis of the proposed modules

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 19:47, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think it's good that gedit supports more advanced features; if it
> was just a super simple editor I just doubt we'd ever get enough
> hacking/testing on it because none of us would use it much.

I think one important "feature" to keep is load time; if gedit is so
loaded with features that it's quicker for me to open a terminal and run
Vim, then it becomes useless.

It's great now for quick editing of small files and such, when I don't
need a full editor, and don't want to drop to a terminal.