Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - nautilus-cd-burner and gnome-vfs funkines s

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 11:27, James Henstridge wrote:
> I think the major reason for the proliferation of URI schemes is because
> that is how gnome-vfs is structured.  You write a gnome-vfs module, and
> it handles a virtual file system under a given URI scheme.
>
> There isn't really any way for one vfs module to easily delegate control
> of a subtree to another module without a fair bit of work.  If gnome-vfs
> had facilities for setting up these sort of "mount points", then people
> would probably use them.

I don't think we should ever do this. It create a discrepancy between
the real mounted unix filesystem and the vfs view of it. The filesystem
would look different in different apps. Something that is *far* more
confusing than separate roots.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fast talking sweet-toothed assassin who dotes on his loving old ma.
She's a radical cigar-chomping bodyguard from a family of eight older
brothers. They fight crime!