Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - nautilus-cd-burner and gnome-vfs funkines s

> *** Possible alternatives:
>
> Why can't we use a standard folder in the home directory for this instead of
> a special gnome-vfs scheme? It might feel more comfortable than opening a
> nautilus window that I won't use, just so I can see the Go menu, so I can
> choose the "CD Creator" menu item.
>
> I would be slightly happier if burn:/// was just what you saw when viewing a
> blank CD in a CD-burner drive, and if that was not available in any other
> way. That wouldn't allow people to create .iso with nautilus-cd-burner, but
> I think it's OK to leave all but the most-obvious functionality to
> specialized CD-burning apps.
>
> I'd like to hear how Apple do this. I don't think they still make as good
> decisions as they used to, but hopefully it makes a bit more sense.
>

> I know that everyone thinks nautilus-cd-burner is cool, but surely people
> recognise that there's something hacky about it?

I agree. When you insert a non-blank CD, an icon appears. If you
dble-click on it, Nautilus opens it. What about having an icon for blank
CDs too ? And dble-clicking on it would open burn:/// ? Right-clicking
on this icon should also have a "burn this CD" entry.