Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - 2 weeks left

Le jeu 08/05/2003 �2:28, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay a �it :
> <snip>
> > ... You don't read flamewars between gedit and
> > other text editors ...
>
> ROTFLMAO

?

I have read lot of flamewars between emacs and vi but I never read any
flamewar between gedit and any of them. Gedit is just a plain text
editor. It doesn't have 10% of the functions emacs and vi have but it
has 90% of the functions a text editor (by opposition to code editor)
should have.

If GNOME had to provide a _code_ editor, I would say that gedit is very
bad choice (at least for the moment). But GNOME _desktop_ doesn't really
aim to provide a code editor, does it ?