RE: [GnomeMeeting-list] 2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

> From: Damien Sandras [mailto:dsandras seconix com]
> > Not to really step into this little ball of chaos,  but
> there are quite
> > a few more apps than JUST GnomeMeeting in Fifth Toe. Many
> of them are
> > quite good and more than a few will likely not go into the
> core desktop
> > anytime soon. Your app isn't in bad company with them.
> >

> I agree with that, but if those apps start to move into the desktop
> release, but not GnomeMeeting, then there is a problem for me ;)

That's an if that isn't going to happen [1] so let's not worry about it.

Please understand that I am not at all saying that GnomeMeeting isn't
wonderful, or that GnomeMeeting does not serve a very useful purpose. I'm
just saying I don't quite think it belongs in the Gnome Desktop release.
Remember that, for my own gtkmm module I know it would give it an advantage
to be in an official GNOME release set, but I also know that it doesn't
really belong there. I'm not offended by that. I know I need to bother
distros to include it instead.

[1] I don't really know what's going to happen. I'm just a guy writing
emails. But I can make an educated guess.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com