2.4 Proposed Modules - GnomeMeeting

> From: Cumming Murray (COMNEON Linz)
> >   GnomeMeeting - H.323 compatible videoconferencing and
> > VOIP/IP-Telephony
> > application.
> >   http://www.gnomemeeting.org/
>
> Thoughts anyone?

OK, so here any my thoughts instead:

I don't think we should add GnomeMeeting for 2 reasons:

1. The same reason that we wouldn't add Gnumeric or AbiWord - they are
useful but they are not part of a Desktop. The GNOME Desktop is not an
exercise in bundling software (even MS has some separation between the
Desktop (Windows OS) and Office. Others disagree with this fundamental
point.

2. It seems, by definition, niche. Don't you need special hardware (a
microphone and webcam) to even use it? So it doesn't even seem usable by
most people. No, I haven't tried it - I don't have anyone to GnomeMeeting
with.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com