Re: Two questions about medusa

> Also, Medusa use DB1.  It might be time to consider a newer version
> that
> offers better storage and retrieval methods.  I had to make a
> symbolic
> link to get Medusa to compile after I upgraded to Redhat 9.

I'm considering moving medusa to SQLite, possibly accessed through
GNOME-DB (in the hopes that eventually we could build a networkable
searching service that could also search NFS mounts and such). The
posted specs/stats on SQLite look good, and it seems to work as
advertised. Once I've graduated I hope to have time to test it more
thoroughly.

Right now though, I think the highest medusa priority is to go the last
mile to make it run constantly (indexing ~) when logged in... being
very careful to stop when there's any sort of user activity (already
using XScreensaver's idle detection code for this).

Second priority is to make a plugin interface so its easy to write new
indexers and search phrases... esp w/o having to muck with all the db
junk.

-Seth