RE: Seahorse re: 2.4 Proposed Modules

> From: Jacob Perkins [mailto:jap1 users sourceforge net]

> integrate seahorse/gpg into gnome in order to make key management and
> crypto easier.

So could someone who uses gnupgp try this and comment on it? I'm ignorant
but I'll try to ask useful questions anyway. My first ignorant questions
are:
1. Does this need to integrate with mailers, such as evolution, at all?
2. Are there other crypto systems that we would want to integrate with
GNOME?

> Key management is basically as complete as can be right now,
> except for
> key server support.

Please tell us about these key servers.

> Gnome integration is being worked on. Right now this includes
> a context
> menu for nautilus and a control center capplet for
> configuring pgp/gpg.

What kind of things would this control centel applet allow us to change?

> Future plans include a gedit plugin,

Why would we want a gedit plugin? So far it seems roughtly analogous to
FileHandler, and I wouldn't want a "gzip this" menu item in gedit.

> an out-of-process context to
> synchronize the key-ring,

Can you tell us more about this?

> nautilus property pages, and a