Re: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gpdf

Hi Jason,

>  > There's quite a large amount of the PDF-1.4 spec related to trying
>  > to make the contents accessible. Whether
>  >
>  >  A) It is done in a useful manner
>
> Yes it is - an entire structural tree, with elements and attributes as
> in an XML or SGML document can be represented in the PDF file. There
> is also provision for "text equivalents" to images etc., and various
> other useful features. Together these features are known as "tagged
> PDF" in the 1.4 specification.

You're probably more familiar with their XML representation than I am (is
there a pointer to it you can pass on to me?), but I wonder... is there a
way to encode relationships between element (e.g. LABELED_BY)?  This is one
of the things that we have in the GNOME Accessibility architecture that I've
not seen anywhere else (well, outside of the Java Accessibility API, and
what we've defined for Mozilla and StarOffice of course).

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team