Re: Bug reporting [Was: Promoting greater integration between testers!:)]

On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 15:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> I guess it comes down to whether you want to cultivate a triaging/testing
> team to confirm and manage GTK+ bugs, or leave everything to the hackers. :-)

It's nearly impossible for a triage team to do anything useful with
libraries, outside of very, very obvious duplicate hunting, and even
that is easy to screw up at the library level. There just aren't many
low-hanging fruit (most people who file bugs against libraries know what
they are doing) and you need experience in (at least) the APIs being
referenced to be useful; anyone who has experience with the gtk APIs
should be coding, not bug tracking :)

Luis