Re: Is the ORBit2 stubs/skels breakage unacceptable?

 --- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote: > <quote who="James
Henstridge">

> > If a machine has orbit2 headers installed, then it also has
> orbit-idl, so
> > any arguments about including the generated files for the benefit
> of
> > people without orbit-idl don't really stand up.
> >
> > If any source tarballs are including generated stubs, then they
> should
> > definitely be fixed.  The fix is to not include the generated
> files,
> > rather than to include newer versions of generated files.
>
> Great, thanks for that explanation. Marco was right in saying that
> this
> should be documented a bit better, because it seems that *lots* of
> tarballs
> include the generated files (there is a massive amount of breakage
> in my
> current GARNOME tree). Time to report bugs, then. :-)

just for info - are you getting build breakages or runtime havoc

A build on the weekend left pretty much everything unable to run
before reverting ORBit (libwnck, gnome-panel, nautilus plus all my g2
apps such as evo, epi, gnumeric)