Re: Promoting greater integration between developers/writers/I18N :) [and testers!:)]

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 09:24:18AM -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Murray Cumming Comneon com writes:
>
> > > From: Fernando Herrera [mailto:fherrera onirica com]
> > > 	What I want to do is to add a very simple patch to libgnomeui
> > > that add a "Report a bug..." item to the help menu
> >
> > I can see that this might be useful, but it should of course be an optional
> > menu item that the application developer would use if he likes, rather than
> > something that is in every app that happens to use libgnomeui. That's
> > probably what you meant anyway though.
>
> How about we turn the feature on in the unstable (2.3) version of
> libgnomeui, and turn it off in the unstable version (2.2, 2.4).  It's
> not the kind of thing we want in a shipping product, but seems
> reasonable for betas.

Why wouldn't we want this in a stable version.  There will hopefully
be fewer reasons to use it, but anyway to simpify a user's ability
to provide feedback seems like a good idea.  Heck, I'd love to see
some a entry like
    'About GNOME'
if network access is available.  Ideally, containing an overview of
the project, and links to the contributors page of Friends of GNOME,
and a set of pages with projects.  Given the tenuous nature of our
connection to the eventual user base it seems like we should help
pull people in and educate them on how they can help improve things.