Re: [Proposal] Remove some stuff from Application menu

On Sat, Jun 28, 2003 at 03:15:01PM +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> I think we can [re]move following entries from application menu[1] (note
> that they are not applications or break some HIG suggestion)
>
> **Home Folder**
>       * Motivations: it's not an application, and (in default
>         configuration) you can access it via the icon on desktop AND
>         launcher on top panel (that should be removed too, IMHO)

I'd argue against this change.

There are folks like me who don't have Nautilus drawing its icons on
my desktop, but who would still occasionally like to be able to use a
file manager without having to run Nautilus from an xterm.

I find myself using the Home Folder menu quite regularly, and would be
disappointed to see it go.  On the other hand, if you just rename the
menu entry to something that *is* an application, like "Nautilus File
Manager", that would be fine.

-- John Kodis.