About Actions (Re: Regarding Nautilus scripts)

Hi,

There are lots of usability problems in Gnome, some of these problems are very easy to solve, but sometimes developers don't understand this (I think because they are developers, not users ;))

nestor d v <nestordiaz misfotos de> wrote:
>I think nautilus scripts should be called Actions in the dialog.
>Scripts is a unix word, in the real world a script is usually understood
>as something written, a film script.
>What a script really do is apply an action to the selected file/s so
>Actions should be the name.
>Also, as many others had already said if there were a default set of
>Scripts/Actions, people would enjoy and value more Nautilus.

I also think that this menu is not comfortable and not user-friendly now, and I think "Actions" is very good submenu - see http://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2003-June/msg00198.html

Good luck,
Mantas Kriauciunas <monte mail lt>
--
Jabber ID: mantas akl lt		ICQ: mantiena <44451746>