Re: Unbreaking the gnome clipboard

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 20:29, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> I think that it's time to start using Gtk-Sharp for applications. Also
> because its just way more easy to create something that way.

> So I decided to rewrite this application using Gtk-Sharp as language
> binding. I don't think that using C or C# will matter very much by the
> time it's finished.

Hi Philip,

I personally agree that C# and the GNOME bindings kick ass. We're going
to be seeing more and more C# as time goes by.

Unfortunately, if we're talking about adding gcm to the GNOME Desktop
Release, we can't currently have a mono dependency. When Mono matures a
bit more we'll probably have to rejig our dependencies and redecide what
language bindings we include in the platform; I don't think it's time to
have that conversation yet.

If we're adding a clipboard manager to GNOME in 2.6, it would have to be
the C version. My opinion is that we shouldn't bring in dependencies on
mono for a single component of our desktop at this time.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"We made GNOME-VFS support smb: and nfs: URIs. And we made OOo support
GNOME-VFS. Booyakasha!" -- nat