RE: GNOME Nirvana; How to reach it and what to do once we get the re. (Addendum)

> From: Andrew Sobala [mailto:aes gnome org]
> On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 16:52, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > > From: Andrew Sobala [mailto:aes gnome org]
> > > Here's an idea, then. I'm not advocating this, but it
> might be worth
> > > discussion.
> > >
> > > Have Iain's apps.gnome.org, which is equivalent to 5th toe. Do the
> > > review-and-rate-every-six-months thing. The feet could be
> > > something like
> > > this:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Sounds like a sensible way to run 5th Toe. I've suggested
> before that 5th
> > Toe should have a mailing list.
>
> I'm not sure if you read the whole e-mail, or if I explained it badly.
> To clarify:
>
> 1) The best apps (and only the best) in 5th Toe get the
> approval mark of
> an official GNOME release set, and

So the best apps in 5th Toe stop being in 5th Toe and start being in GNOME
Desktop? That already happens, for "most appropriate" rather than "best". Or
do you mean some other release set?

> 2) The best apps in 5th Toe freeze and get translation work
> done and so
> on so that the release set actually contains high quality software

So, again, if we want to get more serious about 5th Toe then lets get more
serious about 5th Toe. That has always been a good idea.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com