RE: GNOME Nirvana; How to reach it and what to do once we get the re. (Addendum)

> From: Wayne Schuller [mailto:k_wayne linuxpower org]
> Rather than officially "release" the apps for the platform,
> we should be trying to create a more "fluid" environment where we
> support and promote the apps that make best use of the Gnome platform.

All of this seems to ignore the issue of release management. Development
needs to be coordinated. People need to know what they should work on.

I'm repeating myself. People who are not maintainers do not seem to
understand how the GNOME release process works, or why it is necessary. The
release team are currently trying to document it more so people can see that
there's more to being part of GNOME Desktop than being a name on a list.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com