Re: Better default background

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 19:14, Alan wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 02:04:51PM -0400, Dave Camp wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 13:55, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > > I know I'll sound quite "retro"... but what about black ?
> >
> > Black... LIKE MY SOUL.
> >
> > But seriously, I think we'd like to have a somewhat bright and cheerful
> > appearance by default.  A black background is kinda depressing.
>
> Agreed... black is kinda... well, black.  How about dark though?  Dark
> grey or blue or something, with an overlay ala redhat?  Personally I
> prefer lighter, but if someone wants to whip up a screenshot to convince
> me (and others)...

Yeah, dark blue. No, I like light blue. Black. White. What about grey?
Turqoise with transparent png. Green. Mauve. Crimson.

This thread is turning into "choose your favourite colour" :)

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"We made GNOME-VFS support smb: and nfs: URIs. And we made OOo support
GNOME-VFS. Booyakasha!" -- nat