Re: Better default background

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 14:52, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Callum McKenzie">
>
> > The actual colour is #8395ac for those who want to try it without getting
> > out a colour picker.
> >
> > The gradient is an abomination.
>
> Oddly enough, I just tried a vertical gradient from #8395ac to #576473,
> which looks terrific (or at least I think it does). Subtle gradients work a
> lot better than fugly <random-colour> to black. :-)

Definatly, but I 'd have to agree with Callum - I think a solid color
would make a much better default. Your gradient kinda makes me feel like
my monitor is suddenly back and white ;) but anyway in general solid is
probably more likely to applease the majority of users.

--
Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>