Re: My take on Totem and GStreamer

Hi Ronald,

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Ronald Bultje wrote:

> Look, I understand that you guys prefer i18n'ed stuffies all over the

nitpick: not just i18n'ized but l10n'ized as well... ;-)

> occurred: %s"), gstreamer_error);. It won't be 100% localized, but
> there's no way you'll get that anyway. Xine doesn't do that either.

Hate to break your bubble, but my xine-ui and libxine can do German and
French. Try

$ LANGUAGE=fr_FR:fr xine

on the command line, for a laugh... :D

> On the long run, we will probably i18n'ize GStreamer. Thomas already
> sent an email about it to our developers' list, and it makes sense.
> However, we simply cannot do that in one week.

OK, don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to push you guys to do the
impossible - just pointing out a misunderstanding.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778