libtrash

Hi

Looking over the list of Debian packages I've found libtrash:

Package: libtrash
Section: libs
Installed-Size: 164
Maintainer: Timshel Knoll <timshel debian org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.5-1
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1)
Filename: pool/main/libt/libtrash/libtrash_1.5-1_i386.deb
Size: 45484
MD5sum: d1158a89224ecb37bb23e298f5a4560a
 libtrash is a shared library which, when preloaded,
 implements a trash can under GNU/Linux. This way, your
 mistakes (at least those of the "rm -rf dir /" class :-))
 will no longer cause the loss of a week's work or your
 system's binaries.

It implements the unlink system call and thus catches all removals, done
via the command line, nautilus, etc.

Has anybody evaluated using this in GNOME? The best advantage I can see
is that the files removed in the terminal would show up in nautilus
trash.

cheers