Re: cursor themes, XFree86-4.3 and the mouse dialog

On Sat, 2003-07-26 at 09:04, Vincent van Adrighem wrote:
> I don't like that option.
> XFree 4.3.0 has been released last February. My memory could be playing
> tricks on me, but I thought someone already mentioned it on this list
> some months ago (can't seem to find it though).

I think I do remember this being mentioned say in march or april.

> If we rush things and include this at the last minute, we might have
> some minor issues. If we make this wait until 2.6, it will me more than
> a year (!) in which GNOME does not have support for X 4.3 cursors.
> That's not really what we'd want, is it?

I agree here. The only problem I see in the future between the 2.4 and
2.6 releases is what the distros release. I think any new release would
have X4.3 in it. Now a solution could be drawn up by the distro, but
thats just one thing.

> The best solution IMHO would be to first test the new code, and be
> prepared to rip it out again if it proves to be unsatisfactory (like the
> new weather-applet). I think the users will be very happy if they knew
> we'd at least tried.

Again agreed. It never hurts to try. If failed, we can always revert to
the last solution.

--
Sean Harshbarger		|   "Only two things are infinite,
harshy dersoldat org		|   the universe and human stupidity,

Key fingerprint = 086A AA96 51DD D84D 3E64  1B26 778F 2335 C828 E736