RE: gnome-hello: strange scrollkeeper errors.

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 21:34, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > From: Malcolm Tredinnick [mailto:malcolm commsecure com au]
> > > ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/scrollkeeper/
> >
> > Hmmm ... didn't know about that directory. It seems odd to have it,
> > since scrollkeeper releases are done through sourceforge.
>
> Is there any particular reason for this? Pretty much all the modules:
> http://www.gnome.org/start/2.3/modules/
> should be using gnome's cvs, etc.

Scrollkeeper is below all of the GNOME libraries. It's more system-level
(in theory, useful for KDE, system documentation, and so on and so
forth). Currently not being used for its full potential, but that will
improve over time. There are also historical reasons -- and moving a
project is generally much more disruptive than leaving it on a widely
known site (think bugzillas, mailing lists, bookmarks to web pages, CVS
repositories, download locations, ...).

[...]
> > I'll try to find time to fix it up early next week if nobody
> > gets to it
> > before then. It should be pretty simple. Sounds like those makefiles
> > haven't been updated since the late 20th century though.
> > Anything still
> > referring to sgmldocs.make is way out of date.
>
> That would be cool. Bear in mind that I'm trying not to make gnome-hello
> rely on gnome-common because avoidance of gnome-common seems to be the way
> forward.

Debatable, but I've stopped caring. You do need to open up a gnome-hello
bugzilla component, though, so that bugs can be reported.

Malcolm