RE: gnome-hello: strange scrollkeeper errors.

> From: Malcolm Tredinnick [mailto:malcolm commsecure com au]
> On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 23:33, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> > I'm getting odd scrollkeeper errors when distchecking
> gnome-hello [1]
> >
> > I get _lots_ of these errors:
> >   Cannot create log file:
> ${prefix}/var/log/scrollkeeper.log : No such file
> > or directory
>
> By the way, this particular error is now fixed in scrollkeeper (not
> substituting ${prefix} at the right moment). It will be in the new
> release in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the information, but isn't a bit late in the 2.3 schedule to be
waiting 2 weeks for releases?
ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/scrollkeeper/

> You probably want to copy the makefile fragments omf.make and
> xmldocs.make from gnome-common/doc-build. They are the most up-to-date
> (and allegedly bug-free) versions of the docs build stuff we have. I
> cannot remember if the exact problem you are seeing are fixed
> by those,
> but I fixed a number of build and distcheck bugs in them.
>
> You can just copy the fragments into whichever directory you like and
> then incorporate them into the normal docs build.

I noticed that the docs/C/Makefile.am (and the other locales too) was
including an sgmldocs.make file that didn't exist. Copying the .make files
into the top directory and using xmldocs.make instead does not seem to have
improved things. I will check the changes in later today so other people can
see them.

Thanks.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net