Re: .desktop viewing code?

> Do you mean that .desktop files don't show size and type etc? I believe
> this is on purpose and if memory serves me right is implemented with the
> nautilus file manager.

Indeed it is ... desktop files are special cased in the file manager
functions. For example the rename function changes the string stored
inside the .desktop file if you rename one of those files in Nautilus,
for other files it changes the actual file name on disk.

Whether that's a dirty hack or not, I don't know.

- Frank