Re: Crash in startup-notification

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 01:37:24AM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> I didn't see a project for startup-notification in Bugzilla, but I'm
> seeing a reproduceable crash everytime I startup Metacity 2.4.13 under
> GNOME 2.1.x with startup-notification-0.4.  Here is the back trace:

> #5  0x806d55b in meta_screen_free (screen=0x815bb80) at screen.c:661
> #6  0x8059d1a in meta_display_close (display=0x817f000) at
> display.c:714

Are you starting metacity with --replace? This crash looks like it's
from a metacity that's *exiting* not one that's starting, which would
explain why no one has reported it yet.

> I looked at sn-xmessages.c in sn_internal_remove_xmessage_func(), and I
> don't see where fhd.message_type is ever initialized.  The struct is
> simply declared (never bzero'd), and a few members are assigned, but not
> message_type.  Therefore, I think gdb is correct.

Indeed, doh! I've put in a fix now.

> Sorry if this has been reported before.  Like I said, I didn't see where
> to report this in Bugzilla.

Hmm, yes we need to add a startup-notification component. Good
point. ;-) (Bugs? what bugs?)

Havoc