Re: Structure in $HOME

On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:22:39PM +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
> Well, there is no essential difference a 'nonsense name' and a 'unlocalised
> english name' if you don't speak English. But /usr, /bin, /etc and similar
> directories are probbaly not something a normal users should even have to know
> about and so it doesn't really matter what they are called.

Not normal, please, I'm a perfectly normal user[1].
Those users who should never have to care about that are the _begginers_
or very basic users.

As you get to know your system, the power of the shell and the thousands
of commands with one for almost anything you need, you inevitably have
to know (and care) about /usr, /dev, etc...

For the sanity of basic users, they should be masked from this but
this thread is starting to sound a little strange[2]... let's change the
whole LSB, while we're about it ;)

Hugs, Rui

[1] besides other things...
[2] aka, lunatic