Re: adding dead space to floating panels

There's no 'real' way, but I tend to do it by adding a new launcher with
no parameters and an empty pixmap as its icon.

Of course, the fact that we need to do this points to an underlying
usability problem that we ought to be solving properly :)

Over in Windows land, a number of programs (Windows Explorer and Eudora come immediately to mind) give you the ability to add "separators" to their task bars. In those cases the separators are horizontal lines, but perhaps being able to add a pre-defined-width "spacer" would do the trick? If a user wanted a wider blank space they'd put two (or three, or ...) next to each other.

I imagine you'd want a right-click on these spacers to pass through to the panel.

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering