Re: gucharmap

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 06:22:56PM -0500, Noah Levitt wrote:
> Oww, please don't say that! It has been a lot of work
> getting the drawing area to look nice and work efficiently.
> In the beginning I was considering different approaches,
> including some kind of treeview, a label for each character,
> and buttons, but my initial programming experiences along
> with irc conversations with Owen and Havoc (of which I have
> logs ;) made me to decide on using a drawing area. If
> somebody wants to implement it using buttons and it turns
> out to be better, that's cool, but I'm not going to spend
> time on it.
>
> So. Any other thoughts on accessibility? :)

Using a custom widget (or drawing area) means we probably have to
write some custom accessibility code. I would think it's worth it here
though, as there are just a whole lot of buttons possible, doesn't
seem scalable to use buttons.

My understanding is that ATK has an interface such as a "table" and
you have to implement it for the widget, or something.

Havoc