Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Eugene O'Connor wrote:

> Pat,
>
> I think that the Nautilus understanding of desktop also includes the desktop icons. So I think the difference in usage can be summarized as follows:
>
> Interface item      | Usage of desktop term
> --------------------+------------------------------------------
> Show Desktop button | Background + icons on background + panels
> Nautilus            | Background + icons on background

I don't understand this discussion at all. "Show desktop" removes the
application windows (which normally don't cover the panel) so that you can
see the desktop. After you have done this you can see the desktop
(background + icons). You can also see the panel (like you could before
you minimized the windows). How does this make the panel part of the
desktop?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a maverick albino grifter with a mysterious suitcase handcuffed to his
arm. She's a mentally unstable nymphomaniac journalist operating on the wrong
side of the law. They fight crime!