Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

Pat,

I think that the Nautilus understanding of desktop also includes the desktop icons. So I think the difference in usage can be summarized as follows:

Interface item      | Usage of desktop term
Show Desktop button | Background + icons on background + panels
Nautilus            | Background + icons on background

Eugene