Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome

On 7 Jan 2003, Calum Benson wrote:

> Date: 07 Jan 2003 14:12:25 +0000
> From: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
> To: desktop-devel-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: Major feature that is missing in gnome
>
> On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 14:03, Calum Benson wrote:
>
> > I confidently stake my mortgage[1] on the following prediction: most
> > users couldn't care less about the implementation.  It looks like a
> > button, it has the word "button" in its description, so as far as
> > they're concerned it's a button.
>
> Oh, and as the docs team have just pointed out, by their definition it
> should be called "Show Desktop Background", not "Show Desktop", but I'm
> not getting involved in that one again today :)

or you could avoid that arguement entirely and call it "Hide All" or
"Minimize All"

Sincerely
Alan Horkan

PS Is it really a big problem to use the word desktop being used to
describe both the entire desk and the desk surface?  Would additional
context context information not be enough? (links to archived discussions
on this topic will be more than enough response if anyone cares to answer
this question).